Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Sucha Moron!!!!

When I woke up in the morn on Fri, something just didn't feel right. I knew something was going to happen to me (and, oh boy, did it!). You see, June 20th is my buddy's b-day. He passed away a couple of years ago, and Brenter and I have gone out to his grave on his b-day since. Well, I thank the big man for this one. I think I felt a little shove to the back that helped propel me down to my injury.

Alrighty, some time has passed and my wounds (internal that is) are healing!!!! Last Fri, while working, I was on a run at the Capitol building. I had to get a document approved and then was to go to the airport and give it to someone. Well, as in most cases with these documents (they always seem to be rushes), it wasn't put together correctly. So I had to take it back to work and let 'em know. On my way down the steps at the capitol, I missed a step, and my moment picked up more and more down the stairs. I tried to avoid the exact thing that happened to me. I ended up jumping and coming down on one of the bottom steps, completely rolling my ankle under me (it folded like an elephant's snout). I heard two pops and really thought my ankle was broken. I threw the document up in the air while falling and rolled once I hit the bottom. I picked the document up and started hopping on my good leg to my car. A lady came through the doors at the bottom of the steps, and while watching me hop on one leg, asked me if I was ok. I thought it looked quite obvious that I wasn't. I ended up exiting the east side entrance of the Capitol and hopping to my car in the next lot over. I drove back to work, went up the elevators, hopped to the secretary's desk, gave her the document and went up to my lil' runner's room.

I was going to drive back towards home and stop at a hospital in Layton, but was advised not to do so. Plus, by the time I got around to thinking like that, my foot had ballooned and I couldn't really feel it anymore. The pain was pretty extensive at that point. I ended up sitting in that room for just about an hour 'til someone from the firm was able to take me to the closest hospital. On top of all this, I couldn't get a hold of the ol' wifey. She was getting her hair cut. Crazy enough, though, she ended up at the hospital in downtown just about the same time I did. I tell you what, it's much better to hurt an arm, hand, shoulder or anything above the waist (maybe with exception to one part) 'cause you can still get around. It's not fun hurting a knee, ankle, foot, etc.

At the hospital, they gave me a walking boot and crutches. By the time night rolled around, the crutches had already bruised my pits. My wife told me I need to find a better solution for crutches. So if any ideas come to mind, give me a call 'cause I haven't had any.
Anyways, I found out the ankle's not broken. I severely sprained it. I'm not much of a sweller and have not had my parts turn funky colors before, but I had both with this one. My ankle swelled up right away and by the night, it was starting to turn black. After the party, Brenter came and picked me up. We bought some Henry's and headed over to Kaysville. When we arrived at P-Funk's grave, Sista P was there. We talked for a while and caught up on wha't s been going on. We still all really miss the big guy. It's not as fun without him around and gets pretty tough sometimes. Sista P left, so Brent and I pulled out a candle and a glazed doughnut ring, and the Henry's. We put the candle in the doughnut, opened the Henry's and, like we always do, had one for him and one for us. That ended and Brent dropped me off back at my place. He took off, and my wife and I just sat around (think we watched a movie; probably a chick flick so it's not worth mentioning!). That was the day. My foot kept swelling up for a couple of more days, added some more color, and still hurts. I kind of wish this could happen during the winter since I pretty much do absolutely nothing over those months. Way to ruin my summer, Paul!!!!

12 comments:

Filetti Family said...

Jordan, how are you doing? I found you on Tim's blog. Wow, I can't believe you are FINALLY married. J/K I'm SO happy for you. Your wife is so cute. Dang, that is one bad sprained ankle! Hang in there.

Brittany

wendyberd said...

erin and i feel sick about what happened - o.k. the pictures are what really did us in.
what a bummer - sure do miss our normal mail man in the morning.
get better soon - and don't get too sour while you watch oprah and ellen.
-wendy and erin

the straz fam said...

DUDE! thats one nasty "kanckle" and yeah about the camping trip... give me a heads up and we'll plan one with the wives. Yeah we had fun up there. -Tim

Sandy said...

That is the worst sprained ankle I have ever seen. Hopefully you will be on the mend soon.

Fortunes said...

Ouch! Bummer dude! Jer and I were sorry to hear about the injury. We hope it's healing and you're feeling better. We made our blog private (long story). Did you get our invite? Get well soon so you can come hiking with us.
Julia

Ashley said...

Todd recommends taking the elevator next time! That last picture is sweet! It could be an elephants foot or Jordans foot! You better have Tash be your 24 hour care nurse!

Megan said...

Aaa hahahahahah!!!!

Ashley and Tyson said...

Ouch!! My mom is getting over a really bad broken ankle...she was skiing with my dad when she broke it. She's been milking it big time though. She convinced my dad to get a "cleaning lady" and do all sorts of stuff around the house for her.

B-radley said...

Dude that does not look fun, I feel bad for laughing about it. Kind of. Dude hurry back to work, I am dying here.

Tony and Courtney Bozzuto said...

Hey it was good to stumlbe on your blog from Strazz's blog. Nice to se that we're in your list of blogger friends. Sorry about the ankle man, looks like it kills. Good to see what you and Tasha are up to these days. -Courtney

Patti said...

I still think of Paul all the time too. If I miss him as much as I do, I can imagine you must constantly be reminded of him every where you go, everything you do. Freinds are eternal, too.
I found your blog from Jake's blog
Love ya, Mamacita

Kent said...

Oooooooooh man. Now tell everyone the truth....we were playing one on one, you started talking trash and I crossed you over like Iverson.

J/K, that one looks bad though. I think you just cursed me by writing that, cuz as I looked at the pictures I was thinking about how even after rolling my ankle a few times I've never had it swell or turn colors....fingers crossed.