Monday, June 21, 2010


Sunday we checked out of our Poipu condo and headed up to our new post in Princeville. But before we left, I made sure to give Jordan his first Father's Day card, even though he protests and says he's not officially a father yet...I disagree!
On the way up to the north shore, we stopped at 'Opaeka'a Falls and the Kiluea Lighthouse.
After arriving at our condo, (which by the way, has an extra second bedroom and bathroom incase any of you want to come join us) we made our second tropical fruit smoothie (apple bananna, papaya, mango & strawberry) and headed out for Hideaways Beach.

Our guide book describes the trail down to this beach as "possibly difficult to negotiate if it's been raining." I think a more accurate description would be "a steep descent down a sheer dirt cliff. Up your life insurance if you make the trek after the rain!"
Although the trail was trecherous, and I took a small tumble, the beach was BEAUTIFUL and well worth it. Although, I don't think I'll be going back, atleast not while I'm pregnant!

After hiking back up the side of the cliff, we decided to walk down to the outrageously expensive (starting at $700/night!) St.Regis Princeville hotel and watch the sunset. What a perfect vantage point! Another great end to another great day!

2 comments:

4Stones said...

OK, you're making me very envious! Looks like you're having a great time. Careful on those sheer cliffs. We want both the baby and mommy to make it back to the mainland.

Brooke said...

WE want to come!! You look cute prego!!