Wednesday, April 21, 2010

SpRInG has SpRUnG at the BaRTleTTs!!!

So, Jordan and I are totally THRILLED that Spring has FINALLY sprung at our house!

Last weekend was actually nice enough that we both took a much needed break from studying, and worked in the yard.
We planted our garden. (Yes, that 4'x10' rectangle is our "Garden". Don't feel bad laughing, all our neighbors do! But, it's just right for the two of us.) 2 tomato plants, 4 red peppers, a cucumber, 4 strawberries and some Sage to round it out!

Our first TULIP bulbs are popping up and blooming! And the rest of our beautiful flowers are coming out of hibernation!

Birds are again building their nests wherever they can in/on/around our house. This one decided to take up residence in our satellite dish brace after Jordan blocked off their entrance to our dryer vent!

And finally, Spring is not the only thing to have Sprung...My belly has decided it too wants to be noticed. So it popped! That's right, this Party of Two will soon become a Party of Three! I'm 17 weeks along, and have felt amazingly well the majority of the time. We were supposed to have our BIG ultrasound today(see picture, above) , but while we were waiting they came and told us the doctor had been called away to deliver a baby. So, it's postponed until Monday. We'll post the pic then.

In case you were unsure, we are beyond THRILLED! This little one was a long time coming, and we're super excited to be adding some MORE excitement to our lives! "Baby Bartlett" (we're NOT finding out the gender!) will make his/her appearance the end of September (Dr estimated September 25). So, ready or not, here he/she comes!

Here's a couple more pictures we've accumulated during the past 4 months. In case you couldn't figure it out, the number of fingers I'm holding up is how far along I am (13 weeks in the first and 4 months in the second). I'm LOVING being pregnant!

17 comments:

Brooke said...

Hurray!! I have been waiting for you to announce!! I ran in to Cami in Logan a couple weekends ago and she told me (she heard from her mom who heard from your mom). I am so excited for you! If you have any questions just give me a call! I also have a list of things that I needed with my babies if you want me to email it to you.

THE HAGES said...

CONGRATS! I am so happy for you guys! I can not wait to see Jordan as dad! You guys are going to be the best parents!

Ashley said...

We are so excited! I can't believe you-Miss Organized, on top of everything, is not finding out what your having! Kudos to you for being able to wait that long! You sure don't look prego yet! Lake Powell should be fun! You could also have the ultra sound tech write down the gender and seal it up in an envelope and if you ever have the urge to find out what your having, you can always just take a peek.

Noelle said...

Congrats you two!!! I have been hoping for a post along these lines. I can't believe you kept it a secret so long! Can't wait to hear more updates! Also congrats on the kitchen aid and the skirt! Very nice!

Becca said...

Yay!!! :) Congratulations! :)

Jenny said...

YES!!!! I am so, so, so happy for you!!! For planting a garden that is, JK. I'm so glad you've been feeling good and enjoying pregnancy. I'm ready to be done, seeing as how I can't bend over anymore. You look super cute!

Amber and Tayli said...

YEAH!!!!!!!!!I really think you should have your doctor email you family telling us what the gender is. you know me..i cant wait for anything!!! I am super excited for another baby!!have you thought of names? I was thinking amber for a girl and ambry for a boy:) I'm very much kidding. But something to think about!!! Love You

Cami said...

Congrats!! So exciting! I'm glad to hear you are having such a pleasant pregnancy too, what a great bonus:) love ya!

Fortunes said...

Yea for babies! Being a mom is the best thing in the entire world!!!! I have lots of baby stuff for you, so let me know if you will be heading this way anytime soon.

The Thack-Attacks said...

Yeah!!!! We are so freaking excited about this little one. In advance I am sorry about any bad habits my kids might try and wear off on yours! Keep us posted and let us know if you need anything at all!

carli said...

Congrats!!! I am super impressed that you aren't finding out what you are having. I could NEVER do that!! Even after having one of each I still had to find out on the third.

Congrats again!!

Jamielyn said...

Congrats! We are so excited for you!

Hart Family said...

OH MY Goodness Girl, CONGRATS! Pregnancy is one of the MOST Fulfilling times in life. I LovE it. You look fantastic! Have fun!

A 'n D said...

ok, i'm lame, i know - but CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the last i checked, you'd just posted about jordan's pharm school acceptance and here we are, 2 weeks later!! i just have too many places to keep up with!!!!!!

can't wait to hear more & see more updates!!!!!!!

let me know about showers, too!
(and p.s., surprise babies are FUN!!)

Q and T McKnight said...

Just had to add my "CONGRATS" also. You will make the cutest mom. As always, I am so proud of you!

With Love,

Mother T

Draper Family said...

Congratulations on your up-coming arrival, we are super excited for both of you!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! So excited for you. Hope you continue to feel well. I'm sending lots of good pregnancy vibes.