Friday, July 9, 2010

Our final day in Kauai

Thursday was our last day on Kauai, but our flight home was not until 8:30 PM. So I made arrangements with the condo owner to let us check out at 6:00 PM so we could spend the whole day at the beach! (We did the same thing on our last day in Maui, and loved it!)

When Jordan asked me where I wanted to spend our last day, I told him without hesitation, TUNNELS! We had been there a few days previous, and although the snorkeling was great, I had been dealing with a case of the "Pregnancy Paranoia" and hadn't spent as much time actually snorkeling as I wanted to.

On our way to Tunnels, we stopped at picturesque Hanalei Bay so we could take a few pictures in front of the famous pier with the gorgeous Kauai cliffs in the background! And then we continued north.

So, our last day on Kauai was spent snorkeling with giant sea turtles and beautiful, bright fish, and basking in the Hawaii sunshine! And of course we threw in a "shave ice" for good measure! I loved it! It was the perfect way to spend our last day! We were so sad to be leaving that Jordan couldn't even force a smile for one last pic!

All in all, it was a FABULOUS "last hoorah"! We loved spending time together, away from the daily grind we face back home, and the fact that we got to spend that time together on one of the most beautiful islands in the world is just an added bonus!

As Jordan informed me, "It will be a LONG, LONG, LONG, LONG, LONG time before you're ever back here (Hawaii)! So you better enjoy it!" I'm sure it's obvious that we did REALLY enjoy our time in Kauai...so, until that time in the (aparantely) FAR distant future when we are able to return to her beautiful shores...Aloha, Hawaii! We'll miss you!

1 comment:

Fortunes said...

I loved your pics! I'm glad you had fun. Next time, can Jer and I hide in your suitcases!