Thursday, December 31, 2009

FINISHED!!!



So, I've been wanting to have a bench at the foot of our bed for a while now...something other than the floor to sit on while donning our shoes in the morning! But, after looking in the stores for something suitable, I decided if I wasn't willing to spend $300+ on a bench, that I'd have to make one myself! Which is exactly what I did!

I got the idea from this great blog and I completed it last night!

$30 Sofa Table on KSL

$5 Fabric
$24 2" Foam
Too many coats of Stain to count

and, voila! I think it's beautiful!

9 comments:

Lindsey said...

It IS beautiful! I love good...great job :D

Lindsey said...

Can you come help me decorate my house haha. It looks awesome!!! A great price too!

Brittney said...

WOW! Very nice! You did a lot of work.

Jenny said...

I am impressed! Now you can make one for me :)

Sandy said...

That is beautiful. So crafty. I have looked for benches for the end of our bed and I've had the same experience of them being to pricey. Maybe one day I can be crafty like you.

ali.j said...

I am very impressed! Have you ever thought of hosting your own show?

Allison said...

Cute bench and cute blog! Glad to see you guys are doing well!

Ashley said...

You are crafty! Your room turned out great! I am not surprised at all that you were {"featured"}!

Brooke said...

Where did you find that blog?? Brooke Ulrich and her husband were the managers of the townhomes we lived in in St. George! I love her blog!! They have so many good ideas!