Saturday, June 6, 2009

It really is GRAND


We went with some of our friends, and had TONS of fun!

So, we survived the Grand Canyon! Jordan thrived, and I barely got out with my life! But, we LOVED it!
We didn't get a back country permit, like we were hoping, so we just got to do some day hikes. But, during our long day hike down the Hermit's Rest trail to Dripping Spring, I realized back packing (not necessarily) into the Grand Canyon (but definitely) out of the Grand Canyon would have KILLED me! I guess it's time to admit that I'm not as fit and trim as I used to be!

Since we didn't get back country permits, we had two extra days to kill, so we went back to Las Vegas and hung out in SIN CITY. While there, we ate ALOT of REALLY good food, which for me, is ALWAYS a highlight of a vacation!
Not our favorite place, but still we had fun.

Overall it was a GREAT trip, but would've been that much better if we could've gone into Havasupai. Oh well, maybe next time.

No comments: