Saturday, June 11, 2011

30, FLiRtY & Thriving!!!


Believe it, or not, I am now 30 years old! That's a TRIP!

Remember when you were in high school and imagining where your life would take you and what you would be doing at different stages of your life? Well, I never would've guessed that where I am now is where I would be! But, I think my life is AWESOME! I LOVE my husband! I LOVE my baby! I LOVE my family and friends! And I LOVE my Job (and I LOVE that I only have one week left)!

It's odd that I'm now OLD compared to not only the High School Kids but also the College crowds! In my normal, everyday life, I still feel "fresh out of high school", but get me around a group of high schoolers or on a college campus, and I feel like I stick out like a sore thumb! Weird!

To celebrate the conclusion of my third decade, Jordan and I went to a fancy dinner {thanks to the great deal we got on City Deals} and then had a homemade Costa Vida dinner the next day with the Alders and Fortunes. And a couple days after that, I met my Mom & sisters at the Cheesecake Factory for another birthday celebration!

It's kinda interesting how the older I get, the less important "Gifts" become on these occassions and the more I value the time I spend with those I LOVE! So, {although I'm THRILLED about the gifts I got} I REALLY enjoyed the time I got to spend getting together with family and friends to celebrate!

To quote the great Tim McGraw, "The next 30 years will be the Best years of my life! Raise a little family and hang out with my (husband)...Maybe now I've conquered all my adolescent fears, and I'll do it better in my next 30 years!"

3 comments:

Fortunes said...

Happy Birthday!

Jenny said...

I think everyone has in their minds that they are still 21! I still am in denial that I'm 30. Maybe if I wasn't so flabby and frumpy, I'd embrace this next decade more!

Tami said...

Hi Bartletts! The whole time we were in Salt Lake, I intended to have you down to our place for dinner. Now we are probably equally as close in Idaho. (We are in Twin Falls!) Let us know when you get settled and we would love to meet up. (Jordan and I grew up together!) Happy late 30th and soon to be 31st for Jordan! Good luck with your move! -Tami (Shirley) Aldama