Thursday, August 5, 2010

My lover turned 30!

This post is quite overdue...but, c'est la vie!

Jordan turned 30 on July 5, so I knew we needed to do something memorable to celebrate! On his actual birthday I made him his favorite birthday cake, chocolate with marshmallow frosting, took him to eat at one of his favorite restaurants, Costa Vida, and gave him his FAVORITE game, Marble Wars (courtesy of some of our FAVORITE friends)!
He had already bought himself a nice, new mountain bike (which I informed him would be his Birthday, Christmas, Anniversary, etc. present for the next little bit), but I think the excitement he had over receiving the Marble Wars game rivaled the excitement he had when the UPS man delivered his bike! We LOVE playing Marble Wars!

A couple weeks after his "Official" birthday we hosted a "Totally Awesome '80's Party" in Jordan's honor. It was ALOT of fun, mostly because almost everyone came dressed in totally awesome 80's outfits! We played the 80's Newleywed Game, 80's Trivia, Nintendo RBI, and listened to one of the best 80's mixes I've ever heard (thanks to Jake, the 80's Master)!

A BIG thanks to all our friends who were able to make it! You made the night really special for Jordan! And a HUGE thanks to one of my BEST friends from High School, Heather, for coming down early and helping me get everything ready! I couldn't have done it without you!

1 comment:

Kent said...

Now where's a picture of the bike...?